httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" <Balvinder.Sabher...@mortgagefamily.com>
Subject RE: MSN Messenger and apache proxy
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:40:32 GMT
Make sure you choose the HTTP protocal in your MSN Messenger connection
setting. It should work. I hade the same problem. If I try to use the NT
proxy with a user id and password, It did not worked. Changing the
connection settings to http worked without any user id and password.

Hope this helps.
Bal.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart van Kaathoven (ETM)
[mailto:Bart.van.Kaathoven@etm.ericsson.se]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:35 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: MSN Messenger and apache proxy

I'm trying to get MSN messenger to work via an apache proxy on MS Windows
2000 (or NT). The proxy (both 1.3.22 and 2.0.28) work fine for normal
browser access but when I try to run MSN Messenger(version 4.6) trough
either one it won't connect.
Running 1.3.22 on Solaris gives the same result.

The same MSN version works fine with a squid proxy (on Linux) but I'm not
able to run a Linux or Unix box in this specific situation.

Does someone have the same experience (and a solution)