httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)" <Balvinder.Sabher...@mortgagefamily.com>
Subject RE: Internal Error
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:29:38 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Arrison [mailto:arrison@gnostech.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 8:09 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: Internal Error

> Most likely you're forgetting the Content-type declaration.  Before
> outputting any HTML code from a script, you're going to need to print
> something like "Content-type: text/html\n\n".  So in Perl it would be
> something like:

> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "<html><head>...

I am using the CGI.pm library to print the html and that takes care of
printing the Content-type output as the first line for the HTML. if I run
the script from the command prompt, I get the HTML output which I can copy
and paste to a html file and it work fine i.e. I can open that file from the
explorer and it looks the way it should be. Its just the problem when this
cgi script send the output directly to the web server to publish the HTML
code.

Complete lines from the output are as below :

main::(testapi.cgi:6):  $webapp->run();
  DB<1>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
        PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd">
Database</title>
<select name="apps">
<option  value="Landscape">Landscape</option>
<option  value="Phhorce">Phhorce</option>
</select>
<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="mode2" /><input type="submit"
name=".submit" />

Debugged program terminated.  Use q to quit or R to restart,