httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Lechelle" <lleche...@teaser.fr>
Subject Re: Problem with RedirectMatch and '?'
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 22:40:16 GMT
Joshua Slive écrit:

> Personally, I've never really understood why Redirect(Match) does
> url encoding.  I would think it should be left to the user.

I found this information in the bug database for PR7503
(http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/7503). It says that it will be fixed
in 2.0, a patch is available for 1.3.

State-Changed-Why:
We can't just remove the escaping, because it is possible
to redirect to a file with a space in it.  If we don't
escape the URI, then we will redirect to an invalid URL.
The problem is that we are escaping too much.  Currently we escape the URI
and the QUERY_STRING.

State-Changed-When: Fri May 11 08:21:08 PDT 2001
State-Changed-Why:
This patch has been committed, and will be available with
Apache 2.0.

> You should be able to get around your problem by using
> RewriteRule instead.

Yes. Why didn't I try it?
Many thanks.