httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: setting apache to insert file extensions
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 05:58:49 GMT

> Hi,
> i am trying to understand how to configure apache to insert a list of
> extensions if just the filename is given.
> for example if the url is http://localhost/test
> i would like the server to first look for test.html then test.jsp then
> test.jpg,  etc.

the Multiviews parameter to the Option directive may do what you want.
Check the multiviews section at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_negotiation.html

> I also have a ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives enabled for the
> purpose of redirecting to my j2EE container. ie.
> ProxyPass         / http://localhost:8888/
> ProxyPassReverse  / http://localhost:8888/
>
> i would like to be able to serve static files(.html and .jpg) from Apache
> (fast) and only hit the j2EE container for the JSPs in addition to the
> first goal stated above.  If you have any ideas (possibly some way with
> mod_rewrite) i would be grateful.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*jsp$) http://localhost:8888/$1 [P]

should work and reverse proxy request for files ending in jsp extension

Daniel