httpd-users mailing list archives

From "TD - Sales International Holland B.V." ...@salesint.com>
Subject Re: CGI-BIN & Perl scripts
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:30:34 GMT
On Friday 25 January 2002 13:34, you wrote:

thanks :-) but I made that mistake typing it into my email editor, they are
in the file. I know it's correct since if I run (on the command prompt)
./test.pl I get:

<HTML><BODY>bla bla</BODY></HTML>

any ideas?
+ExecCGI didn't help either. Perhaps I need something like AddHandler, but
I'm not too sure about that. I configured it from scratch this time but on
some of my other puters with a default apache install (from distro) it
doesn't matter which extension I give my files as long as I chmod +x em.
Besides, if I'm not mistaken, if I use AddHandler I'll be in trouble because
the .pl files will then be executed wherever they are right? Not just in the
cgi-bin dir, which is what I want. Doing this from scratch so I have a better
understanding of the server and it's security implications.

I disabled some modules perhaps that's it but I don't think so.
These are the enabled!! modules:

env
log_config
mime
negotiation
status
autoindex
dir
alias
access
auth
so
php4 (DSO)
ssl (compiled in, not DSO thus)

disabled modules:

include
asis
imap
actions
rewrite (DSO)

All other modules are NOT compiled. I disabled the above ones because I have
no need for them.

Kind regards