httpd-users mailing list archives

From "TD - Sales International Holland B.V." ...@salesint.com>
Subject Paths
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:13:55 GMT
Hey there,

small question.... I didn't see much about this in the docs.... In the config
you set permissions for the directory / (not the URL /) I wonder why this is?
In my eyes if I set documentroot to for instance /var/www/HTML or something a
client should be able to get out of the /var/www/HTML or is it possible to
make a URL domain.tld/../../../ or something? I tried it on my server but
appearantly it redirects me because the ../../../ just falls of the URL.

Also I noticed something strange in the docs... don't exactly remember which
page. Anyways it was about user dirs. if you had (assuming standard locations
etc) domain.tld/~user you'd go to /home/user/public_html however in the docs
it said if you'd do domain.tld/~root you wouldn't go to /root/public_html but
to /public_html is that an error in the docs? I would suppose it'd go to
/root/public_html (just curious, i didn't compile the userdir mod anyways)

Regards