httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ashish kulkarni <kulkarni_as...@yahoo.com>
Subject Virtual Host in Apache 1.3.22 on Win2000 and WinNT
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:03:49 GMT
Hi,
I am have installed Apache 1.3.22 webserver on my
windows 2000 server and also windows NT server.
I have problem in setting virtual host on my server,
Here is the snippet of the httpd.conf file.
########
ServerName pfizer-maps
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache/htdocs"
## virtual host setting
NameVirtualHost pfizer-maps
<VirtualHost pfizer-maps>
    ServerName http://as400-maps
    DocumentRoot "C:/application/maps"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/application/maps">
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/as400-host.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/as400-host.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
########
When i go to command promt and try this command
apache -S
i get this output
VirtualHost configuration:
192.168.186.229:80     is a NameVirtualHost
 default server http://as400-maps (c:/program
files/apache group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:1051)

port 80 namevhost http://as400-maps (c:/program
files/apache group/apache/conf/httpd.conf:1051)

Now the problem is when i access the website by using
http://pfizer-maps , i go to the virtual host root
directory,
and also if i type
http://as400-maps , i go to the virtual host root
directory.
I think that i should be able to go to different root
directories when i use different server names
So what is the problem, how can i solve it
Ashish

Ashish