httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L. Harris" <Robert.L.Har...@rdlg.net>
Subject VHosts and SSL
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:11:39 GMT

  I'm making what seems good progress.  I have 3 vhosts up and working
very well.  Config block looks like this:

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
  ServerName site1.company.com
  ServerAlias site1
  ProxyPass / http://gonzo1.company.com/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://gonzo1.company.com/
  #
  SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/keys/site1.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/keys/site1.key
</VirtualHost>

(#2 and 3 are pretty much identicle).  I'm trying to get them to answer
on https now.  I've generated keys and self-signed certs, apache isn't
complaining about them.  When I go to sslserver, I get the
standard apache welcome page as I should.  If I go to https://ssslserver
I get the same page.  If I go to https://site1 I also get the sslserver
page.  I don't get the page that is displayed on the http port.  I tried
putting the "SSLEngine on" directive in the VirtualHost block and the
only change is it asks for my password on the cert.

It's got to be something stupid I know.  Care to beat me upside the
head with a blunt object?

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: