httpd-users mailing list archives

From "U.Tollas" <U.Tol...@xantho.de>
Subject Re: VHOSTS
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 09:24:47 GMT
Hi Owen,

I tried it, but it did not work.
First I removed ServerName and DocumentRoot from outside any <VirtualHost>'s.
Request http://test.xantho.de was answered in the same behavior as before.
But why the server knows the old Document Root /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs?

Then I set in main server DocumentRoot to a changed directory, but did not set ServerName.
Request http://test.xantho.de was answered from that changed directory.

I'm sure there is no browser-refresh-problem!

I read in documentation that in combination with NameVirtualHost only requests from localhost
are served from main server. Could it be a problem with FreeBSD?
Under Win32 Apache on my notebook the same configuration works as expected.

Uwe Tollas.