httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Hawkes <ahaw...@unicon.net>
Subject Re: CGI
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 18:18:28 GMT
Yes, there *is* one cgi-bin already created by default, in
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/. All your users could use that. It also has
sample scripts in it.

If you want additional cgi-bin directories, eg. one for each user, you
must configure that yourself, something like this (for user cornelius):

  ScriptAlias /cornelius/cgi-bin/ /home/cornelius/cgi-bin"
  <Directory "/home/cornelius/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

Or you could just add a line like:

  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

So that everything.cgi will be treated as a CGI, regardless of what
directory it's in.

-Andy