httpd-users mailing list archives

From Johan Sunnerstig <Johan.Sunners...@netgiro.com>
Subject .htacess files on Win32 apache?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:17:38 GMT
Hi.

I've just setup a Windows 2000 Server with Apache 1.3.23.
It's working fine, except I can't get the .htaccess files to work.
I've never used Apache on Win32 before, I have setup a bunch of *NIX servers
though, and never had any problems with the .htaccess feature.

I've put a htaccess file in the DocumentRoot, and it's pointing to a users
file made with the Win32 htpasswd utility.
But Apache seems to skip this file alltogether, and there shouldn't be any
problems with the contents of the htaccess file, since I've cut and pasted
them directly into the <Directory> tag, and that works just fine.

I've tried changing the AccessFileName to a couple of different things, just
in case NT had any problems handling files that start with a dot, but no
luck, no matter what I call it, it just wont read the file.

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Regards
Johan