httpd-users mailing list archives

From chad kellerman <ckeller...@alabanza.com>
Subject Re: how to find reasons for a segfault
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:09:22 GMT
Henning,

    Not that this works all the time, there are probably othermethods
but what you can do is:

pstree -pa | grep httpd

grab the parent pid # and run

strace -p $pid

then connect.  The strace may show you.

or if you are getting a core dump:

file core      ( just to make sure its the httpd core dump)

and I believe you can ue gdb on the core file.  do a man on it to see
what options.

Chad