httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hasko.Heine...@daedalos.de
Subject Re: Complex Access Control
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:21:39 GMT
Ken wrote:
> Hasko.Heinecke@daedalos.de wrote:
> >
> > Let's say you have a web site with some (static) content.
> > Now most of this content is only valid from a given start
> > date to and end date. The dates are stored in a database.
>
> Aside from the database part (which you could work around with a
> script that rewrites the .htaccess files), check out mod_sequester
> at <URL:http://MeepZor.Com/packages/mod_sequester/>.

Thanks for the pointer. However, the start and end dates can change, and they are different
for each file. There are several thousand files. So mod_sequester doesn't work for my problem
-- it would require to change the web server configuration often and also the configuration
file would explode.

Hasko