httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tig Kerkman <...@kenosha.org>
Subject Apache Authentication LDAP
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 19:29:30 GMT
Release Apache: Server version: Apache/2.0.28

Running on Redhat 7.1

I am a newbie to apache.  Just starting to work with the older 1.3.22
version that came with RedHat's release.

Then today I loaded the 2.0.28 version so I could use our OpenLDAP
server to authenticate and log the user id.

configued with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enabled-proxy
--enable-ldap --with-ldap

I am unsure how I should be using the AuthLDAPURL directive in the
httpd.conf file.

What I would like to do is us the AuthLDAPURL to authenicate the user to
use apache, which is only a proxy at this point and time.

This was my thought.

I could use the IfModule,
<IfModule mod_auth_ldap.c>
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldapserver.kenosha.org/dc=kenosha,dc=org
require valid-user
</IfModule>

Anyone able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks

--
City of Kenosha, Wisconsin USA, IS
mailto: tig@kenosha.org