httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.moh...@netapp.com>
Subject RE: mod_bandwidth problems
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:48:59 GMT
A question if I might on the mod_throttle installation.

Do you have to recompile apache itself to install this, or just place a library file for apache
to read it in?

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Thomas [mailto:ejt@cyno.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 3:12 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: mod_bandwidth problems

Hi,

I am trying to use mod_bandwith to limit the bandwidth used by a webserver,
particularly when serving large files, I have placed the following in my
httpd.conf

BandWidthModule On       #turn on bandwidth control
BandWidthPulse 100000    #check bandwith every 100ms
BandWidth all 20480      #limit to 20k/s on all files
LargeFileLimit 80 10240  #limit to 10k/s on files > 80k

This is in my main server config and is repeated for good measure in all the
virtual server directives but it does not seem to have any effect, I can
still download from the server at over 90Kbytes/s. Am I missing anything?

I am using Apache/1.3.12 on Linux 2.2.16/Redhat 7

Thanks,

Edward Thomas