httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject Re: HTTP_COOKIE
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:08:31 GMT
If you get a response of (none) then you don't have
any cookies set for the domain where your testing.
Does your SSI work normally? Do you have SSI enabled
for the server with "Directory +Includes"? Try this
token <!--#echo var="http_user_agent"-->

If you don't get a response then you need to enable
SSI or make sure the file ends in an appropriate
extension for parsing such as .shmtl.

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "johnd" <john@jjdev.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 6:42 PM
Subject: HTTP_COOKIE

If I post directly to a CGI program I can print the env var HTTP_COOKIE
and get it.  Put if I do a

cooke:<!--#echo var="HTTP_COOKIE" -->

it is not showing...

my problem is that I was hoping to do dynamic menu as a cgi program that
will be included in a html page...

like this

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/menu.py" -->

Why isn't $HTTP_COOKIE available in my ssi?

any suggestions?