httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject Re: Help needed setting up SSI
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 05:33:09 GMT
Does it work when you do the AddHandler method?

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Coon" <bcoon@sequenom.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 6:26 PM
Subject: Help needed setting up SSI

Hi,

I am running Apache 1.3.20 on Linux RedHat 7.2, compiled with mod_perl,
mod_php, and mod_ssl.  I did not specifically request that mod_include be
compiled as the documentation states that it is in the default compilation.

I was trying to get Server Side Includes to work, but am not having any
luck.  I would like to use the XBitHack method instead of the AddHandler ...
.shtml.

I added the following line to my httpd.conf file in my < Directory
"/home/htdocs" > context just after the Options line:
XBitHack on

I changed the Options line to:
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes

and then restarted Apache.

The test html file I was using was htdocs/test.html, with the execute bit
set on, and was very simple:
Date: <!-- #echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->

But I never see the date.  I have tried placing the XBitHack on line all
over the place, but no results...

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Thanks!
Bryan