httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Herb Stein" <h...@herbstein.com>
Subject Re: newbie question: where should VH directories go?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:35:17 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Darrel Austin" <daustin@visi.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 11:34 PM
Subject: newbie question: where should VH directories go?

> I have a really basic question.
>
> Is there a rule-of-thumb as to where virtualhost directories should
> be placed on a linux box running apache? I noticed that Apache
> defaults to the VAR partition, but it seems to make more sense to me
> to create separate user directories in the USR partition and have
the
> virtual hosts point there. Is there a right/wrong way to organize
> that?
>
> -Darrel

Darrel-

I don't know about everyone else out here, but all of my virtuals are
in
their own home directory. Like /home/herb/www for example. They
can then easily ftp in and update things, etc. I also don't have
separate
partitions either. One HD for me is one partition - / (except for swap
of course).

YMMV

Herb Stein
The Herb Stein Group