httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Clarke" <clark...@cs.man.ac.uk>
Subject modperl httpd processes won't stop growing.
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:27:00 GMT
I wrote a perl script which runs in modperl yet I have noticed that my httpd
processes keep growing in size until eventuall all swap space is gone and
the system dies. So I thought maybe I will rewrite the script from scratch
adding bit by bit and looking for growth. Even when I use an essentially
empty perl program the process's keep on growing.
The help pages suggest I add a sub to test for unfound sub errors. Doing
that prints this to the log file,

Apache=SCALAR(0x8220508) can't $UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD=Apache::DESTROY!
Apache::Server=SCALAR(0x8202b54) can't
$UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD=Apache::Server::DESTROY!
Apache=SCALAR(0x8220378) can't $UNIVERSAL::AUTOLOAD=Apache::DESTROY!

Over and over and over again.

Can anyone shed some light on my problem or suggest a better source for
help.

Richard