httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Damien Dye" <dam...@madwire.co.uk>
Subject Re: Errors with PHP on Apache (Windows version)
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:05:44 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Kingsella" <res0a4fa@verizon.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2002 7:30 PM
Subject: Errors with PHP on Apache (Windows version)

> I have configured Apache 1.3 on a Windows ME machine.  It appears to work
> fine until I try to access a PHP Script.
>
> I have followed the procedures to configure PHP, and have tested it from a
> command line, it appears to be working fine.
>
> When I imbed a PHP script in my .html file it is just ignored, If i build
> .php file and call it from within my .html file I get various server
errors
> logged.  Examples of server errors are as follows:
>
> [Sun Jan 13 07:50:08 2002] [error] [client 4.33.163.113] File does not
> exist: c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/..%2f/winnt/system32/cmd.exe
>
> [Sat Jan 12 20:40:01 2002] [error] [client 4.33.168.218] Premature end of
> script headers: c:/php4win/php.exe
>
> [Sat Jan 12 21:34:56 2002] [error] [client 4.33.176.99] File does not
exist:
> c:/apache/htdocs/scripts/root.exe
>
> The first error especially would indicate that Apachie thinks it is
running
> on an NT machine.  I know it is some type of configuration problem, but
> being a newbie I really am not sure where to start debugging.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Dave Kingsella
> dave.kingsella@verizonl.net

I would recommend trying to run this on an NT server and see if it happerns
there.
I personally have Linux doing all my  personal web hosting. Do you have the
bits to build a lin box ? you will fined that they don't have as much
problems as a 9x box. Apache is developed on unix and unix clones so the
problems for these machines are ironed out. windows 9x  is an unsupported
platform where as NT is. well I think it is :-)
send the list you configuration file we may be able to fix it
 --
Damien J Dye
Madwire Admin