httpd-users mailing list archives

From "zhao fengfeng" <escor...@yahoo.co.jp>
Subject RE: can't access apache web page from other computer within the same local LAN.
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:23:20 GMT

I tried with both Listen set and commented in httpd.conf, but it makes
no different.
    I run the apache with root, FW running on the server? By the way, I
run into the same problem when installing telnet server, ( other
computer can't telnet to my computer, ). Is it related with access
permittion files? I am new to linux.
( I installed the redhat with workstation option, not server).

-----Original Message-----
From: obo@bourse.ch [mailto:obo@bourse.ch]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 6:41 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: can't access apache web page from other computer within the
same local LAN.

Please post in plain text - I can't quote your message...

Check your "Listen" directive.. If it doesn't exist, apache will listen
to all IP addresses by default but if it is defined, apache will listen
only to those defined. If in doubt, put:

Listen 172.20.3.4:80

Do you have a FW running on the server? Is port 80 allowed through?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle