httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Calvin Redding" <vorlon_crui...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: simple question
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 15:26:22 GMT
I thought I had this set up right, but maybe I did something wrong.  I
attached my copy of httpd.conf--the directory I want for root is
C:/documents and settings/calvin/my documents

Thanks a lot,
-Calvin

-----Original Message-----
From: James Covington [mailto:webmaster@insw.org]
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 9:58 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: simple question

At 09:51 P 01/06/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm new to apache, and I have a simple question; where do I put the
html
>files I want instead of the default, for instance the index.html for
the
>root of my site?  I've looked through the docs and I didn't see clearly
>where it was.

Well, that's up to you.  Wherever you set DocumentRoot in your
httpd.conf,
is where you want your web files.  If you already have web files in a
specific directory, then set DocumentRoot to that directory.  If you are

using virtual hosting, then that is set in each <VirtualHost> tag.  I
prefer using /home/*site*/public_html.

--James