httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ragnar Beer <rb...@uni-goettingen.de>
Subject mod_rewrite + mod_proxy
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:55:43 GMT
Howdy!

I'm using Apache with mod_proxy as a reverse proxy for Zope where Apache
is listening on myhost and Zope on 127.0.0.1. The problem is that Zope can't
see the REMOTE_ADDR anymore but thinks that it's 127.0.0.1.

I'm trying to solve this by using mod_rewrite to add the REMOTE_ADDR as
a parameter to the URL before mod_proxy gets called. But it doesn't work.
Here is a rule that works:

RewriteRule (.*) - [P,L]

But this one doesn't:

RewriteRule (.*) $1?ra=%{REMOTE_ADDR} [P,L]

Could anybody be so kind and help me to understand why this doesn't work?
I read the mod_rewrite doc and the URL rewriting guide but I just don't
get it :(

-- Ragnar