httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: mod_userdir and multiple domains problem
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 17:13:19 GMT

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Lewis Watson wrote:

> Please let me recap what you are saying. I need to put exactly "Userdir
> disabled" in the main configuration and then at the the domain with the
> users I need:
>
> <VirtualHost 123.456.798>
> DocumentRoot /home/www/domain
> ServerName www.domain.com
> Errorlog /home/www/domain/logs
> UserDir Enabled
> </VirtualHost>

Make that "UserDir public_html" in the virtualhost block.  "UserDir
enabled" must be followed by a specific list of usernames, so that is not
what you want.  Using UserDir with a directory name will turn it on for
all users.

(You can do the reverse as well.  That is, leave the "Userdir public_html"
in the main server context, and put "Userdir disabled" in any vhosts that
you do *not* want to have access to the user directories.)

Joshua.