httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: mod_userdir and multiple domains problem
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:22:57 GMT

On Sat, 1 Dec 2001, Hasanuddin Tamir wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Lewis Watson <lists@visionsix.com> wrote,
>
> > Hello everyone. I am currently using apache 1.3.20 on a linux machine with
> > several ip based virtual domains. I have mod_userdir on and successfully
> > running in the users public_html folder that on the web comes out as
> > www.domain.com/~username/. This is what I want it to do except I only need
> > it on one domain and currently it is working on all domains that the server
> > is hosting. How can I limit the user directories to just one domain? I have
> > checked the doc's but seem to be empty handed on this.  Thanks for your
> > time.
>
> You have to separte that domain from the other so only one domain that
> has ~username capability.  1. Have a dedicate daemon (another apache)
> serves the domain, or, 2. Use the same apache but different httpd.conf.

No.  This is not necessary -- in fact, it is major overkill for this
little problem.  There is a "Userdir disbabled" configuration. All you
need to do is put "Userdir disabled" in the main server context and then
add "Userdir public_html" to the one vhost where you want to make it work.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_userdir.html#userdir

Joshua.