httpd-users mailing list archives

From Raymond Popowich <popow...@section-one.cc>
Subject http 1.0 vs. http 1.1
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:22:16 GMT

Hello,

Due to a bug in the corporate firewalls that is causing problems with the
NT servers running frontpage (the firewalls do something bad with http 1.1
get requests and frontpage) the firewall admins at the suggestion of the
firewall maintainer are thinking about having web requests rewritten so
all incoming http 1.1 requests become http 1.0 requests.  This can only be
done as a global change, so it will be affecting my apache servers as
well.  If this change is done, how likely are things to break with my
apache servers?

The first thing that comes to mind is name virtual hosting.  From what I
have read 1.1 requests are required for this to work because only the
1.1 requests pass a domain name to the web servers.

Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

These are all apache+php+mysql+mod_ssl web servers running the current
versions of all the components.

Thank you.
-Raymond

-----