httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Hidalgo <ro...@linux-friends.org>
Subject Weird mozilla,lynx,IE + apache + php problem
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:22:32 GMT

Hi all,

Ive had a strange and weird problem that i actually solved now but would
like youre comments on.

Problem with php source showing(And yes i have a working php install ;).

Apache 1.3.20 and php 4.x

If you have a swap file like "www.site.com/index.php~", you can via
mozilla/lynx(havent tried opera) see the php source by writing
"www.site.com/index".

With IE 6 i get the correct output.

Now i have setup a "files" directiv in httpd.conf so you can`t access
the swap files, the swap files should not exist in this area but there are
probably alot of people just like me that currently have not errased them
or setup restrictions.

I have confirmed that a Mandrake 8.1 with apache 1.3.22 dosent have the
problem, so my question is have any of you heard about this bug(Or if i
missed anything in the config).

You can actually see in the apache respond that it send different answers
for mozilla and IE.

Here are the http requests:

IE

GET /tha_man HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel,
application/msword, */*
Host: www.linux-friends.org
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK