httpd-users mailing list archives

From vasile.cure...@cgi.ca
Subject RE: Could not build 1.3.22 on solaris 2.6
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:01:39 GMT

Great! Added it to my path and works fine.
Thank you all for your prompt response! vasile

                    "Joshua

                    Slive"               To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    <joshua@slive        cc:

                    .ca>                 Subject:     RE: Could not build 1.3.22 on

                                         solaris 2.6

                    12/17/01

                    12:22 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

> From: vasile.curelea@cgi.ca [mailto:vasile.curelea@cgi.ca]

> I'm having trouble configuring apache, running  make3.76.1 and gcc2.8.1
> gets the following error
> seems to me that there's a make problem even though I'm using a version
> above the one suggested
> in README file
> Any help will be appreciated. vasile
>
> make[3]: ar: Command not found

make is looking for the command "ar", which it can't find.  Try including
/usr/ccs/bin/ in your path.

Joshua.