httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Apache Win32 connection to NDS
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:26:09 GMT

Hi John,
I have couple of Apache servers that authenticate against NDS. But they all
are running Linux. Win32 platform is not a option.
This kind of setup will only work with:
- A novell server running Apache; or
- A linux server running Apache

For information on running it on a Linux box, please visit
http://www.users.drew.edu/~pwilson/

Now Page 2 (theoratically it should work):
Since Novell e-directory is LDAP complaint, you should be able install
Apache on any platform (Solaris/Linux/Win32) with LDAP module, and
authenticate against Novell e-directory. I havent tried this. But in theory
it should work. This setup is on my plans for future testing.
For a LDAP module for Apache, please visit
http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap.html

Let me know if you need more help.

In Peace,
Saqib Ali