httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Auerbach" <tony_auerb...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CGI limit?
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 13:24:28 GMT
I found the answer to my own question.  It was not Apache but IE that was producing the behavior.
 Aparently it will only submit two requests at a time.

Tony
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tony Auerbach
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 10:06 PM
  Subject: CGI limit?

  I'm running Apache 1.3 on Win2k and I've found that it will only run two CGI apps at a time,
at least when the requests come from the same machine.  I'm wondering if anyone else has seen
this behavior or knows if this is configurable and where?  I've looked through httpd.conf
and I didn't see anything that looked like it would help.  MaxRequestsPerChild and ThreadsPerChild
are set at their defaults of 0 and 50 respectively.

  This is how I tested.  Wrote a small perl script that sleeps for five seconds and then returns
a "Hello World" string.  I opened four browser windows on my machine and pointed them at that
script.  I refreshed them one after another quickly.  I would see all four waiting, then two
would refresh one after the other, then about a five second pause then the other two would
refresh.  I watched the task manager during this and could only ever see two instances of
perl running at a time.  I wrote a similar .bat file and tested with it to rule out perl as
the problem and found the same results.

  Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Any ideas where to look?  I've looked through
the httpd.conf file, the FAQ and the documetation but I didn't see anything that refered to
this type of behavior.

  Thanks,
  Tony