httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Gabriel Duquesnoy" <jean-gabr...@duquesnoy.de>
Subject Syntax for <FilesMatch> directive
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 17:22:45 GMT
Hi,

I need some information about the regular expression syntax for a
<FilesMatch>
directive. I need to enable authentication for specific files within a
directory
and though the <FilesMatch> directive would be the right one, but I have
tried
several expressions to match my expectations, and none has given the
expected
results. The files I want to protect have the following naming convention:
add*.php, amend*.php and del*.php
I have tried with:
<FilesMatch "(add|amend|del)*.php $">
	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "Authentication Required"
	AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/passwords
	Require valid-user
</FilesMatch>

But the files are still accessible without the user being asked for
credentials.
I have managed to set it up for a directory, so I know it works, but I have
probably
an error or mistake in my expression "(add|amend|del)*.php $".
Could anyone help me out there or tell me where I can find explanation about
the
syntax of that piece.

Many thanx in advance.

Jean-Gabriel