httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Gabriel Duquesnoy" <jean-gabr...@duquesnoy.de>
Subject RE: .htaccess syntax
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:51:29 GMT
Thanks a lot for the hint, it answered my question. However, I have
configured
everything. But when I try to access the protected directory, instead of
getting
the pop-up box for entering my credentials, I just get a message:"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /directory/ on this server.".
What am I missing, I exactly followed the tutorial.
My .htaccess file looks like:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Technical Sales"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache/passwd/password
Require valid-user

By the way I am using mod-ssl, but it should not have any influence on that.

Regards,

Jean-Gabriel