httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Walker" <m...@petroleumdata.com>
Subject RE: httpd not running
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:50:28 GMT
WOOHOO!  I installed the very newest libc, and the newest gcc, then compiled
and installed the newest shared memory libraries, and guess what?  Works
like a charm!  Thanks a lot everyone! Apache rocks!

-----Original Message-----
From: obo@bourse.ch [mailto:obo@bourse.ch]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 10:55 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: httpd not running

Mike Walker wrote:

> OK, but I did compile apache on this kernel!  I compiled 2 different
> versions and also tried to run binaries.  Neither one works.  Do I need to
> install new libc or something else?

That's weird... Then it could be a library routine that apache pulls in
at run-time which is causing the seg fault. That would imply recompiling
libc... To check, do you have "truss" on your system? If so, try "#
truss httpd ..etc" to trace apache's demise. Or recompile apache with
debug on so you can gdb the core file to see where it is dying. But all
this is getting a bit messy :-(

How did you upgrade your kernel? Did you install off a CD? If so, go
back to the CD and see if you can install libc too.

Do "gcc -v" to check that gcc is OK for your kernel...

I'm clutching at straws here - it is really tough to fix these kinds of
bugs by e-mail!

Rgds,

owen Boyle

PS - signing off for the night (it is 19h here).