httpd-users mailing list archives

From "W i l l y" <willyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject CGI in users own dirs
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 08:28:27 GMT
Hey all.
Okay I'm trying to set up a cgi-bin directory inside each users own
directory, ie
localhost/~user/cgi-bin/, and to let them run scripts from there.
followed the instructions in the FAQ, and nearly everything works.  All the
users have their own pages now, but if I try to open the CGI scripts, I get
error 403, Forbidden.  A glance at the logs show that 'Options ExecCGI is
off in this directory: /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin/hello.cgi'.  The
relevant parts of httpd.conf look like:
<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin/>
        Options ExecCGI SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
        SetHandler cgi-script
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow, deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /home/*/public_html/>
        AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        Options MultiViews IncludesNoExec Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
</Directory>'
So it all seems correct to me, but I still get the 403's.  The cgi file
works under localhost/cgi-bin/hello.cgi, but not under the users
directories.  Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks