httpd-users mailing list archives

From "W i l l y" <willyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Apachectl is not working (Debian package, apache ver. 1.3.22)
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:53:29 GMT
Okay I seem to be having trouble starting and stopping apache with
apachectl.  The file apachectl itself looks like the script
/etc/init.d/apache.  When I run apachectl, or the script for that matter, it
(both of them) calls /usr/sbin/apachectl with the same argument (start,
stop, reload etc.).  Then the whole loop keeps repeating.  I am pretty sure
that the file apachectl is not meant to call itself, because then it enters
a endless loop.  Is there any way I could fix this, or should I reinstall
the package, or should I compile my own apache?