httpd-users mailing list archives

From "W i l l y" <willyr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: CGI in users own dirs
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:43:23 GMT
>Joshua noticed you have a rather exotic "Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" -
>clearly you must have a good reason for applying such an unusual option.
>Could it be that the files which don't execute are nit really in the
>"ExecCGI" directory but are really at the end of a symbolic link? If so,
>I'm not sure what'll happen but I wouldn't be suprised if there was
>trouble.
>
>Could you post the two directory blocks again and describe a little what
>is going on (I believe you had programs which weren't executing - but
>were you gettin 403, or 404 or a list of source-code?).

Okay I purged apache, reinstalled, and edited the httpd.conf.  I removed the
SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.  Now instead of getting my previous error, I get
'Premature end of script headers' in error.log, but the cgi script is
exactly the same as the one in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/, which works perfectly.
And as to the directory blocks, I have
/home/user/public_html
empty
/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin
hello.cgi

Its only a basic setup, because I am still trying to get it working.
hello.cgi looks like
#! /usr/bin/perl
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello World\n";

It doesn't do much, but I do not see how the headers could be missing
anything.

Thanks for all your help so far anyway.