httpd-users mailing list archives

From "W i l l y" <>
Subject Re: /server-status
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:13:19 GMT

>I'm trying to setup the /server-status & /server-info pages
>so that they are only viewable like this:
>I reviewed the Allow, Deny & Order directives in the Apache
>Manual & from what they say the following should work.
><Location /server-status>
>     SetHandler server-status
>     Order Deny,Allow
>     Deny from all
>     Allow from
>But each time I get:
>403 Forbidden
>You don't have permission to access /server-status on this server.

Okay I guess you are using the pc that the server is on.  More than likely,
you will be connecting to the server using the loopback device
This does not always, actually rarely, has a name other than lo.  Change the
allow from ... to include, and see if that makes a difference.

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message