httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: Best way to do this
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 02:20:42 GMT

> From: Mark Constable [mailto:markc@renta.net]

> Is anyone considering taking the questions raised on this
> list and creating an FAQ based on the answers offerred here ?
> FWIW, the most frequent unanswerred question I've noted is
> how to set up user perms "the right way". I am unaware of
> any "best practices" online guides for apache.

The FAQ from the Apache documentation *should* serve that role.  I know it
is a little overwhelming in size, but...   There are at least a couple
people on this list who are also participants in the documentation project:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/ so if you suggest FAQs they will get
seriously considered for adoption in the documentation.

As far as that particular question (permissions), I'd like to see
suggestions on how to improve the existing security docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/security_tips.html

Joshua.