httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: SSI Configuration question.
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:39:40 GMT

> From: Emil Diego [mailto:emild@sportsline.com]

> 	I am running apache 1.3 on windows NT 4.0 Workstation.  I am having
> trouble setting the server to process Server side includes.  I want the
> server to check all .html and all .htm files for #include directives.
>
> I beleive that I need to add the following settings to the
> httpd.conf file:
> 	# Allows Server Side Includes
> 	Options +Includes

That's fine, but you need to recognize that one "Options" directive can
override another.  You need to find the Options directives that apply to the
directories in question and ADD the Includes option to them.  Otherwise,
they will reset the options to not use Includes.

> 	# Tell the server what type of files to parse for SSI directives
> 	AddType text/html .htm
> 	AddHandler server-parsed .htm
>
> 	AddType text/html .html
> 	AddHandler server-parsed .html

Fine, but the AddType directives are not necessary since .htm and .html are
already mapped to text/html in mime.types.

> 	The only problem is I dont know where in the file to add it to.  I
> have tried in a few spots but I stil can not get it to work.  Any help is
> much appreciated.

The AddHandler can go anywhere, but the Options directive must apply to the
specific content you want to allow includes for, as I've mentioned above.

Joshua.