httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:30:27 GMT

> From: Michael Reutter [mailto:list@meinsenf.at]

> the *long*-way ;-) :
> I've got a world-connected apache server which acts as proxy for
> an intranet-webserver!
> BUT: the intranet-webserver should see the same "Host"-variable
> as the world-webserver!

Well, one way to do this is simply to decieve the proxy server about the
true DNS configuration by associating world-webserver with the internal IP
address of intranet-webserver.  I think this could be done, but you'll need
to be very careful to prevent the server from getting confused about its own
identity.

Other than that, I'm guessing you would need to hack mod_proxy.

Joshua.