httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: httpd services
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2001 21:22:10 GMT

There is no mystery here.  Apache is telling you exactly what is wrong.  You
are running a very busy server (port site?-) with a low MaxClients setting.
You need to increase MaxClients (which may involve recompiling the server
and/or adding more memory to your server).  A temporary fix may be to reduce
KeepAliveTimeout to a low value (5 or 10).  And, as I said, look at the
server-status page to figure out exactly what it is your server is up to.

Somebody is also running a very broken mail client that is adding RES
(perhaps a translation of RE into some other language) to the subject line.
Bad Bad Microsoft.

Joshua.