httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: P3P headers
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:03:40 GMT

> From: jesso2000@earthlink.net [mailto:jesso2000@earthlink.net]

> Hmm I did it from another box and it worked OK. I guess it doesn't
> work right in a local setting. Anyway, ok, so at this point basically
> it seems like it's just not working on the cgi scripts that redirect -
> basically it doesn't work right if the response is 302. Hmm this is
> a huge problem. I assume it doesn't append the header because it
> assumes the page that it is redirecting to will set any necessary
> headers, but we can't assume that. Any idea how to get around this?

I'm not an expert in this issue.  I'm not sure if the fact that Header
doesn't add the header to redirects was a conscious design decision or a bug
or neither.  You can try to get more info from the development list if you
want.

But my first question would be, why do you really need that?  What
functionality is failing because you can't add headers to the redirect?

If the problem is only the cgi script, you can easily solve it by just
having your cgi script send the P3P header itself.  (I haven't tested that,
but I think it should work.)  Of course, this won't change other redirects.
For example, your server also does not send the P3P header for
trailing-slash redirects.

Joshua.