httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Kenna <andr...@stamina.com.au>
Subject RE: setup apache account
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 05:54:17 GMT
Your look at this from the wrong angle, if you want to be able to upload
files into your /var/www directory you need to look at the /etc/ftp* files.

Apache only serves the web pages, it does not handle file uploading by
default. If you want file uploads via the web you need to write a custom
perl script to do this.

Andrew

andrewk@apache.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul van Ramshorst [mailto:pvanram@telusplanet.net]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2001 15:51
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: setup apache account

I can fully sympathize Li, as I am a complete newbie to Linux and Apache
myself.  I found the documetation to be a little confusing on this point.
You must set up the USER you want (for ftp access) on your Linux system
through the User Manager. In KDE, its found at K->Configuration->Other->User
Manager.  I believe the module is just called KUser.
Hope this helps.

Paul