httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Reutter" <l...@meinsenf.at>
Subject Re: 2 httpds on 1 server
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:17:02 GMT
>Listen 192.168.1.1:80
><VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
>  DocumentRoot /path/to/site_1
>  ServerName   webserver
>  ... other directives
></VirtualHost>
>
>Listen 192.168.1.2:80
><VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:80>
>  DocumentRoot /path/to/site_2
>  ServerName   webserver
>  ... other directives
></VirtualHost>

this is, how it works! (I wasn't aware of the "Listen n.n.n.n" command)
the Listen command does the thing I thought apache can't handle (so it can lookup the IP *AFTER*
processing the request)

>Congratulations, this is the weirdest set-up I've ever come across. When
>you get it working, please post your URL so I can visit your
>schizophrenic site ;->

:-) but so I can set up as many machines as I like to handle a huge load of static pages in
the future!
now I can simulate this with already setup DNS round-robin by using the above configuration!!!

... and to make the setup much more weird: behind the apaches there are MANY tomcat-servers
generating the dynamic pages (getting the requests by apache's mod_rewrite)...
... and it works great!!!

thanks
michi