httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Reutter" <l...@meinsenf.at>
Subject Re : Re: Re : Re: 2 httpds on 1 server
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:12:06 GMT
>> you mean it is possible to do it the other way??? (would be great)
>> but how can apache distinguish between the requests?
>> one request goes to "webserver" and IP 10.0.0.1 and the other one goes to "webserver"
and IP 10.0.0.2 - IMO it would work, if the requests do not go to "webserver", but to the
IP itself (using http://10.0.0.2 instead of http://webserver)

>I'm a bit baffled about what you are trying to achieve. Do you one
>servername in DNS which resolves randomly to one of two IP addresses and
>each IP address leads to a different site?

correct - the name is resolved (not randomly, but in rotation) by the DNS - and the request
goes to the specific IP (to different machines in the future - but I have to simulate it now
with only ONE machine!!!)

michi