httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lawrence, Sean" <slawre...@seveninteractive.com>
Subject RE: CGI Issue
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:34:40 GMT
Yeah I read it.  Made sense I'm just unclear as to why my putting the
statement in the main body didn't work.  The only line I have that mentions
ExecCGI in my entire conf file is the one that reads:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI

Includes work and symlinks work, so I am confused as to the reason CGI
wasn't until I included it an a <Directory> directive.

I had read the online docs on apache.org and also referenced Apache Web
Server Administration by Charles Aulds for clarification and as far as I
could tell I was setting it up correctly.

Here's how my vhost config looked formerly:

<VirtualHost 134.6.13.57>
ServerName internal.seveninteractive.com
ServerAdmin slawrence@seveninteractive.com
Options  +Includes +ExecCGI
DocumentRoot /home/www/intranet/html
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
</VirtualHost>

Here it is now:

<VirtualHost 134.6.13.57>
ServerName internal.seveninteractive.com
ServerAdmin slawrence@seveninteractive.com
Options  +Includes
DocumentRoot /home/www/intranet/html
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php