httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Stephenson" <PStephen...@ficgroup.com>
Subject Virtual Server Question (Actually more a is this possible type fo thing)
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:39:54 GMT
At our company we have Apache running (newest version) compiled recently.  Anyway, we want
to be able to run one apache server which will host about 7 different webpages viewed externally
assigned to 65.212.178.xxx.  I believe that I have this part setup correctly using

Listen 65.212.178.xxx:80
Listen 65.212.178.xxx:443 due to ssl
NameVirtualHost 65.212.178.xxx

Then I have my virtual servers listed next, this part was all working fine and dandy.

Then we added a second nick to the card and gave it an internal IP address of 172.16.0.xxx.
  The problem is that we would like to be able to use www.domainname.com <http://www.domainname.com/>
 for both the internal and external viewing but we don't want to go out the router and then
come back in (even though it would only be a small amount of traffic).

If anyone would be willing to help out, I could send a copy of my httpd.conf file and corresponding
dns entries.

Thanks in advance