httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dror Braznitzki <Dro...@yellowpages.co.il>
Subject RE: httpd process stops responding and cannot be killed
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:03:50 GMT
When trying to "truss" the process I get absolutly nothing. I tried trussing
the specific system call specified by the 7159 bug
( truss -t lwp_cond_wait -p 2491 ) report but found nothing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam.Stephen@jet.uk [mailto:Adam.Stephen@jet.uk]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 2:20 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: httpd process stops responding and cannot be killed

This could be an occurence of a known Solaris/Apache bug which I have
also experienced.  Have a look at bug number 7159 via
http://bugs.apache.org/.

If you run a system call trace on the problem process with "truss",
you will probably  find that it is stuck in some kind of I/O call.
If this is the same bug, then it is impossible to kill the process.

I don't have a complete explanation, but I can say that this
problem does not seem to appear with Apache 1.3.22 on Solaris 5.7.
So my suggestion would be to upgrade.

Regards,
Adam