httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Gallen <ggal...@slackinc.com>
Subject RE: cannot access pages except from my box
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 18:58:22 GMT
Would the admins allow you to hook up a machine
(at your expense), in front of their firewall that
would do port forwarding for your IP (domain name)
only.

OR, maybe they would change their firewall to not
just kill port 80, but only kill port 80 on machines
that haven't been "authorized" (ie. NON-IIS).

Kinda Deny all except for these.....

This way, yes there will still be bandwidth of the
code-red junk, but at least they (admins) would know
it's not going to infect anyone.

George