httpd-users mailing list archives

From jesso2...@earthlink.net
Subject RE: P3P headers
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 19:15:32 GMT
Hi Joshua,

>But my first question would be, why do you really need that?  What
>functionality is failing because you can't add headers to the redirect?

We are redirecting to other sites we have no control over, who use
our cookies in a 3rd party setting.

>If the problem is only the cgi script, you can easily solve it by just
>having your cgi script send the P3P header itself.  (I haven't tested that,
>but I think it should work.)  Of course, this won't change other redirects.
>For example, your server also does not send the P3P header for

Actually I came up with something that seems to work great. Instead
of redirecting the way we were doing, we now output this:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<HTML><HEAD>\n";
print "<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Refresh\" CONTENT=\"0; URL=$redirect\">\n";
print "</HEAD></HTML>\n";

And it works great. Thanks so much for your help, it was your input
that helped us fix this problem we were having. You rock, thanks!